rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

My 96 Dodge Grand Caravan will not start. The mechanic says

Customer Question

My 96 Dodge Grand Caravan will not start. The mechanic says he's bypass the neutral safety and its still not getting power to the starter. He thinks I need to take it to electrical shop. I would appreciate any thoughts you have
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You need to take his advice, it is very difficult to isolate a problem like that without several hours of diagnostics starting with the ignition switch all the way down.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This sounds expensive. What should I expect to pay for something like this
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

It all depends, if they find it right away, under 100.00 up to 300.00

Thanks again,and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.