Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I'm taking my 2010 Dodge Caliber to the dealership again.

Customer Question
First they replaced PCM when...
I'm taking my 2010 Dodge Caliber to the dealership again. First they replaced PCM when the ECM came on, few weeks later back to dealership because ECM light came on and then they replaced the PCM again and the throttle body. 6 weeks later it stalls and feels like it has no power. ? Throttle body ? Lemon law?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/20/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked at a Dodge dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help you..

Can I start by getting all the P codes that are setting in the PCM? You don't have a ECM on your model but rather a Powertrain Control Module.. Did they give you the codes that are setting? If you paid to have the PCM replaced then it is still under warranty and can be replaced again for free... You asked about your throttle body but I won't know what's going on until I get the codes..

Talk soon,

Brad

First PCM repair was P2118 and P2110 which the PCM was replaced. Second time P2101. Now 6 weeks later it feels like it can't get any gas to make it run and it stalls. I literally stalled on the freeway and could have caused a very bad traffic accident.

What active codes are in the PCM now?

I don't know. I'm taking it to the dealership later but a diagnostic check was run by yourmechanic.com on Monday night and nothing showed. It had a weak idle and the test drive is the same. Limited power and stalling. Just to clarify I'm being charged for 1 question?? $28 on my credit care??

Yes it's only a 1 time charge..

It could be a lot of things and for me to know what is going on I will neeed to know if the P2118 or P2110 is coming back or other codes so I can give you the proper test to see what's wrong. If you could get the codes read and post them here it would help me greatly..

I get that you need the codes, but I just wanted to educate myself before I take it to the dealership. My feeling is it's still the throttle body. It's no secret that Dodge has issues with throttle bodies. I think it's the throttle body not opening properly to allow the air/fuel exchange.

Anytime a PCM or ETC(ThrottleBody) is replaced it will need to be relearned with a WITech scantool.. If not it will not work properly..

If you need more assistance feel free to reply and if your all set I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad