Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Solenoid pack was removed, but shifter was moved out of

Customer Question
position. Now the question is...
Solenoid pack was removed, but shifter was moved out of position. Now the question is what is proper position for shifter before installing solenoid pack. This is for 02 Durango 4.7L with 45RFE tranny.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/19/2016
Dodge Mechanic: camerontech, Auto Mechanic replied 2 years ago
camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

i retrieved these instalation directions from the factory service manual

i hope it helps!

cam

INSTALLATION

1. Place TRS selector plate in the PARK position.
  2. Position the transmission solenoid/TRS assembly onto the valve body. Be sure that both alignment dowels are fully seated in the valve body and that the TRS switch contacts are properly positioned in the selector plate
  3. Install the screws to hold the transmission solenoid/TRS assembly onto the valve body.
  4. Tighten the solenoid assembly screws adjacent to the arrows cast into the bottom of the valve body first. Tighten the screws to 5.7 N·m (50 in.lbs.).
  5. Tighten the remainder of the solenoid assembly screws to 5.7 N·m (50 in.lbs.).
  6. Install the valve body into the transmission.
Sorry, Cam for not answering sooner. I want to be sure we are talking about the same thing. Let's start with the shifter on steering column as it is in Park position. Then as I put solenoid pack back in it's proper position, what is the position of selector on solenoid pack all the way forward or back. I was assuming it should be in slot with deepest detent, thinking this as Park position.

sorry for the late reply, had to work a little late.

yes, shifter should be in park, and as for the pack, it will only line up with the shifter assembly and engage it one way only.

that detent latch should only line up one way. and line straight up with the shifter tab.

Im not a big you tube fan, but there is a video of a guy replacing a 45rfe sol pack, and its a pretty decent video.

I have included the link for you here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzd0Mmv7nBQ

once you line it up, it should only go one way to lock in to that shift tab.

good luck with your repair!

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings

cam

hi there,

how did your repair go?

hi there

please dont forget to rate me as it is important for my page

thanks

cam