Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

, I have a 2012 3500 mega cab 4wd and the truck was…

Customer Question
***** ***** Mechanic's...

***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have a 2012 3500 mega cab 4wd and the truck was smoking when I stopped after driving about 20 miles took it the dealer the next day they said I needed a alt, so they put 1 on I picked up on Friday a.m. and on Friday p.m. truck cut off while fueling up took back to dealer and now they say I need a pcm, something sounds fishy.. just see your thoughts

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure I can wait

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/18/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Is the check engine light on and if so what codes does it have? Will it start and run fine?

Talk soon,

Brad

I will to get the codes in the am from dealer and will not do anything

Sounds good.. That I way I get an idea on what's going on and how to fix it..

Talk soon,

Brad

the code they gave me is p0562 battery low voltage

Thanks for the reply!!|

The code is P0562-BATTERY/SYSTEM VOLTAGE LOW. I would have both batteries tested as it seems one or both of them are bad and will need to be replaced..

I hope this helps,

Brad