Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I have a 2004 dodge/Chrysler freightliner 2500 sprinter,

Customer Question
sold as class b airstream...
I have a 2004 dodge/Chrysler freightliner 2500 sprinter, sold as class b airstream interstate but registered as a dodge, it has the diesel Mercedes engine...
I have two issues with this new-to-me vehicle and I think they are related. One has to do with the cab doors, the other with the slider.
1) when the cab doors are open, the door warning signal never turns off, even when the key is NOT in the ignition. It's loud, it's annoying, and I can't figure out what it's trying to warm me about. Fog lights are off. Cab light is off. Headlights are off. I've monkeyed with it and three times I've gotten it to stop, something about putting the key in the ignition and waiting a bit, then moving it to a different position, I think the cab doors have to be open. But then inevitably I do something to trigger it again and I can't seem to replicate whatever I did the three times, maybe it's my imagination and the ignition is just going out on me? Like the ignition is failing to sense that the key isn't there anymore? The van always starts like a dream, btw. I suspect that there are some "secret" sequences that one can perform using the doors, the locking button, and the ignition but nothing documented in my manual, which leads me to problem #2
Perhaps due to all of this fiddling, I keep on having intermittent issues with the sliding door. It seems like I'm triggering some kind of safety lock or something because sometimes the door won't open from the outside unless I reach around from in the cab and lift the latch just a little. Sometimes it just opens no problem from the outside. Now from the inside we are not able to open the slider at all, ever--at first I thought this was perhaps a child proofing feature but after a month we still haven't been able to crack this one, can't find a switch anywhere that would be causing this, have looked in both the sprinter and the airstream manuals, this one I feel is a mechanical issue perhaps.
Related to this question, is there a sprinter cheet sheet that lists different settings you can turn off and on using the doors, locking switch, and the ignition? I feel like there's a part of the manual I'm missing!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
1/19/2016
Dodge Mechanic: nick0411,
 replied 1 year ago
nick0411

Hello Sir, my name is ***** ***** I would like to help you today. Perhaps we could start with some more details please. Where have you traced the brown wire to so far? Have you checked with a test light, or multi-meter on the brown wire and where so far in the circuit is missing the voltage? Does all the other marker lights on the unit work okay at the moment?

Dodge Mechanic: nick0411,
 replied 1 year ago

my apologies, Wrong question please ignore.

Jerry, Master Mechanic