Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My name is ***** *****, i have an 03 town and country. just

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** *****, i have an 03 town and country. just found out i left the key on acc for three days. i replaced the battery, tried to start it, it would start but only for about a second and the engine would die right away, tried this for a couple of times, same result, tried to change again the batt and it cranked only once, now it won't even crank. no action what so ever, all you hear are the relays working. tried bench testing the starter and the starter is fine, it rotates nicely. what could be the possible problem for my unit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: upon key dance i have a p0601 fault, this is the same fault code it had before i replaced the PCM when i replaced it with a used PCM it still has that p0601 fault code but it was working fine it has been almost 3 years now since i last replaced it with a repaired pcm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dodge Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). No experts here are Just Answer employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We are independent contractors, only paid when you rate our answer.

Below is a link to the starting system.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/tcstart.pdf

Does the starter relay click under your fingertip when trying to start? If not cna you remove the relay and see if there are 2 pins powered while trying to start?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris