Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I got my tires changed and the ESP/BAS light comes on my a

Customer Question

Customer: I got my tires changed and the ESP/BAS light comes on my a 2008 grand caravan Alos i saw that the driver's side nack if the seat cover had been pilled off and the wires were sicking out, wonder is someone tamoered and the ESP/Bas wires were tampered with at the tire place
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got my tires changed and the ESP/BAS light is solid ON, my a 2008 grand caravanAlso i saw that the driver's side back of the seat the plastic cover had been pulled off and the wires were sicking out, wonder is someone tampered with it and if that is the reason the ESP/BAS light is ON, probably tampered with at the tire place.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. The wiring in the seat back will have nothing to do with the ESP/BAS lights from coming on. The ESP system is related more to the replacement of the tires, and it is possible that the wheel speed sensor(s) may have been damaged when the wheels were removed and replaced. Go back and have the tire shop recheck the wheel speed sensors at each wheel. Maybe have them clear the codes in the ABS/ESP/BAS system. But like I said, the wires from the seat will have nothing to do with the ESP/BAS stability system.

I hope this information helps, and please let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris