Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

New com in 02 Durango...started ran 30 minutes drove 15

Customer Question
miles did great...Turned key off...
New com in 02 Durango...started ran 30 minutes drove 15 miles did great...Turned key off tried to restart now nothing...checked fuses,relays,starter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
I hear clicks at starter relay but not at starter when key turned to start
1/17/2016
Dodge Mechanic: b5demon, Dodge Technician replied 2 years ago
b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician

Hi Welcome to Just Answer! Have you tried putting the shifter in neutral and trying to start it?

ok the next thing to do would be to check to see if you are getting power to the small wire on the starter when you have the key turned to the start position

How do I do that? If no power there then what?

easiest way is to use a test light if you have power there in the start position then it is a bad starter if not you either have a bad starter relay or neutral safety switch in the transmission