Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ase master doing side job dodge ram 4.7l p1687 no cluster…

Customer Question
***** ***** ase master...

***** ***** ase master doing side job for friend dodge ram 4.7l p1687 no cluster message on bus problem with broken wires in vehicle?????

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Mil on code p1687 03 ram 1500 auto p/s p/b a/c 4x4 looking for info

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

C

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
looking for wiring schematic or common fix among techs findings
1/17/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help..

The code you have is No Cluster Bus messages which means it can't talk to other modules on the BUS. I attached the test to follow but unless you have a DRBIII you will not be able to run the test. If you have a DRBIII then run a module scan and see if the cluster is the only one that is dead on the BUS then I would replace the cluster..

I hope this helps,

Brad

no drb111 how about wiring schmatic can use dvom to check live voltage on line

I see this question is still open.. Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad

If you need more assistance feel free to reply and if your all set I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad