-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Ase master doing side job dodge ram 4.7l p1687 no cluster

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** ase master doing side job for friend dodge ram 4.7l p1687 no cluster message on bus problem with broken wires in vehicle?????
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: mil on code p1687 03 ram 1500 auto p/s p/b a/c 4x4 looking for info
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: c
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
looking for wiring schematic or common fix among techs findings
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 18 years and I will do my best to help..

The code you have is No Cluster Bus messages which means it can't talk to other modules on the BUS. I attached the test to follow but unless you have a DRBIII you will not be able to run the test. If you have a DRBIII then run a module scan and see if the cluster is the only one that is dead on the BUS then I would replace the cluster..

I hope this helps,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no drb111 how about wiring schmatic can use dvom to check live voltage on line
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I attached the wiring diagram..

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I see this question is still open.. Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you need more assistance feel free to reply and if your all set I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad