Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9L that I'm having…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 Dodge...
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 5.9L that I'm having fuel issues with. It was running rough, losing power, so I changed the fuel filter...which was very dirty. Now I believe I have air in the system, but am unable to bleed it at the injector by loosening the banjo bolt. It neither pumps fuel or air. Any ideas? Would it be the lift pump above the starter or fuel pump in the tank?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/16/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

If you crack open a injector and fuel doesn't come out when your cranking over for 30+ seconds then it could be a bad lift pump.. Now from the factory the lift pump is located at the driver rear of the block. Is it still there or have you had the In-Tank conversion? If it's at the stock location then see if it has 12v and ground when you bump the starter and if it does and it's not pumping fuel then it will need to be replaced..

Talk soon,

Brad

I see this question is still open.. Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad