Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I currently have my 2004 Dodge Durango in service to program…

Customer Question
I currently have my 2004...
I currently have my 2004 Dodge Durango in service to program new key i purchased from them, they are unable to program any help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/16/2016
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Are you saying that your vehicle is at a dealership and they can't program your new key you got from them?

Talk soon,

Brad

their trying still , even going as far to tell me that since they cut key for my car i'm still responsible for cost of key even if it doesn't program.

Are they able to communicate with the SKIM module and do you have at least 1 key that will start it fine?

I have one key that will start it but doesn't open locks , therefore in order for me not hear alarm go off all the time i can never lock doors, hence the reason i went and bought new key.
From all the forums i read looks like Dodge installed a faulty SKIM Module from manufacturing line , alot of problems with people and this make and model and year.

I have a 2004 at my dealership that I just ordered a new SKIM module for because the Independant shop down the road couldn't program new key.. So I'm sure the dealership is using a WITech scantool and if so then I would suggest replacing the SKIM module which is mounted around the key cylinder to correct your issues...

I hope this helps,

Brad

i have dumped 8,000 dollars in two years on this car as it is a lemon as you know from the many issues for this year make model, how much is this part

To give you an exact part number and price I will need the last 8 of your VIN to get that for you.

thats ok, think i'm going to stay with my one key and just get rid of car too much money for me, thanks for your help.

You are very welcome!!

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

I see this question is still open.. If you need more assistance feel free to reply, and if not then don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a greatday,

Brad

If you need more assistance feel free to reply and if your all set I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a great weekend,

Brad