Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

This is ***** ***** working on a 06 dodge charger
, car…

Customer Question
This is ***** *****...

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Car cranks very good but dont start ligntning bolt always there flashes when try to start raplaced thottle unit and crank sensor and nothing i scanned the car whit snap on scanner no codes at all

Mechanic's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
1/16/2016
Dodge Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

What liter engine?

Have you verified there is ignition spark, injector pulse, and fuel pressure?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

It is a 2.7 litter and i have not check for fuel pressure or pulse on injectors but i can hear the pump functioning fine and the car starts for a split second and then out, they replaced battery then problem came in the lightning bolt means that there is a problem in the electronic control system
I meant electronic throttle control system
I dont think spark or gas is the problem

With the key on, and the throttle exposed, can you see the throttle blade moved when throttle is applied?

I had throttle exposed but i was alone couldnt check that, how long do i have your service or how does this work?
Im not near the car
Till tomorrow

Your good, we have 7 days. I work 3pm-3am here. Am traveling home tomorrow but working from the passenger seat, then back to normal. Reply whenever your ready.

Hi this joseph whit dodge charger 2.7,
Throttle bkade does not move
Key on engine off
I replaced new pedal position sensor and still nothing

Thanks, ***** ***** not responding to the new accelerator pedal means the throttle body is bad or stuck or there is a computer or wiring issue. Do you have access to a diagnostic tool?

If you do not see the rating scale, or are new and confused, let me know.

I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I also replaced throttle body and nothing and yes i have a snap on solus pro but again no dtc codes at all so if the problem is more electrical than mechanical i have less skills on electrical problems seem like the car is some sore of limp mode locked up
Like when keys loses sincronisation

Will your tool allow you to monitor the signal from the accelerator pedal?

You knew what was wrong since the begining you just want more money that is not good no fair i will not rate this

When did I ASK for more money? I sent an offer to you that allows me to upload diagrams if you needed them. Sorry you paid for help and are now leaving mad.