sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2006 dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 code p1740pd
, my trany

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, 2006 dodge 2500 4x4 5.9 code p1740pd
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my trany starrted slipping and the stopped all together. I have an obd2 code reader, said tcc silinoid
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This is a TCC (Torque converter) solenoid fault or the torque converter itself. Remove the transmission pan and inspect for debris and clutch material in the pan. If you see this then the torque conerter has failed and will need to be replaced. If not, then try a new solenoid. The fact that the truck will not even move tells me that it is most likely a failed torque converter. A bad solenoid will not keep it from moving.

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the filter.... Changed it and back to normal. Will I still get charged?
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Wow that filter must have been totally plugged up! I have never seen one that plugged up to cause that code. Glad you got it fixed. I I will opt out of the question so you do not get charged.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It charged me the $18 even though u opted out of the question. Can u give a phone # ***** something to get that fixed? Ur info was helpful and yes filter was very clogged. Gonna change it again in 2 weeks. I like this site and will continue to use it as long as I don't get screwed this time!
Thanks, mike
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The filter was restricted with torque converter clutch debris. This code sets when the converter clutch is commanded on and RPM doesn't drop accordingly, either the clutch slips or doesn't engage at all. The possible causes for this are the solenoid pack, the converter itself or possibly a valve body isue. If you found the filter was restricted then there was little chance that the debris in it wasn't from the failing converter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need the refund

If you would like a refund of your deposit you can do so from your screen.