-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2006 grand caravan bled the brakes and still feel mushy

Customer Question

Customer: 2006 grand caravan bled the brakes and still feel mushy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i replaced the rotors and pads in the front then the brakes were mushy so i bled the fronts then i bled the full system still mushy
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: define "a bit"
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

If you press the brakes will the pedal go slowly to the floor? If so then I would suspect a bad master cylinder.. Are you going to be doing the repairs?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

I attached the directions to remove and install the master cylinder.. Once you replace it you will need to bleed the brakes starting at the passenger rear, drivers rear, passenger front, drivers front to ensure all the air is out and it should take care of your issues..

Glad I could help,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Do you still need help with this?

If not I would appreciate a positive rating so I'm compensated for my time..

Have a good evening,

Brad