-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 1996Dodge Cummings. After starting engine when I

Customer Question

I have a 1996Dodge Cummings. After starting engine when I let go of key the silenoid drops off & the engine kills. That's the problem. What can I do?
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I fix it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

The fuel shutoff solenoid has two 12v feeds, one to actuate it and the other to keep it on. I attached the wiring diagram to help but you will need to see if the Red/Violet and Light Green/Black wires have 12v going into the solenoid. Whichever is missing you can follow the wiring diagram to inspect the fuel heater relay or fuel shutdown relay to see if it has 12v and ground to pins 85/86 which actuates it...

I hope this helps,

Brad