Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

ENGINE STARTED RUNNING REAL BAD AFTER I RESTARTED IT AT WORK

Customer Question

Customer: ENGINE STARTED RUNNING REAL BAD AFTER I RESTARTED IT AT WORK IT'S A 5,7 HEMI E T C LIGHT CAME ON AND IS FLASHING. WASTED MONEY ON NEW E T C AND E T SENSOR IN FRONT OF PLASTIC AIR INTAKE ON TOP OF ENGINE. BECAUSE IT DID NOT SOLVE PROBLEM. AND THE ENGINE SHAKES REAL BAD AND GOES UP AND DOWN RPMS WITH SHUDERING. NO BRAKE BOOST AT ALL AND YOU CANT REV ENGINE AT ALL IT DOES NOT RESPOND TO GAS PEDAL. I DONT HEAR ANY NOISE WHEN I TOOK FUEL PUMP RELAY OFF AND LISTENING TO IT TURN OVER WITHOUT STARTING IT
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ITS A 2500 DODGE RAM WITH A 5,7 HEMI 2003
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Is the check engine light blinking when the engine is running?

Chris