Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

My name is ***** ***** I replaced the battery on my key fob

Customer Question
Customer: Hi Eric, my name...
Customer: Hi Eric, my name is ***** ***** I replaced the battery on my key fob to a 2014 ram 2500 HD, now one the unlock button works. I think I need to regrogram it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the unlock works fine, as does the panic button... but the lock button does not work and if I hit the start button a lot of times, it might start the truck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok, Ill wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dodge
1/4/2016
Dodge Mechanic: sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There isn't a way to program the fob without a scan tool but there also is never a need. Fobs don't lose programming unless they are manually erased with a scan tool.

It sounds as if the fob does function anyway, but some functions do and don't work. If any button works then it's communicating with the truck and is recognized.

If you have a second fob then see if all functions work. If so then this fob will need to be replaced.

If you're under basic warranty then a replacement will be a covered repair. It's also new enough that it may fall under a special replacement warranty where you're entitled to three replacements over the life of the vehicle. If you're out of basic warranty your dealer can see if you still can get a replacement under warranty using your VIN and current mileage.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08