Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Got a 03 Dodge 3500 5.9 and my ABS and Brake light have both

Customer Question

Good day....got a 03 Dodge 3500 5.9 and my ABS and Brake light have both come on. Tried to use a scan tool I have at the house (Centech 60794) and it's not communicating at all when I try the ABS function on the scan tool itself. The other features for diagnostics work fine...just not ABS. How can I find the info I need to see which sensor needs to be replaced? The lights are driving me crazy and not to mention the brakes act like they are in ABS reaction mode when I stop. I get that scary pulsating feeling at the brake pedal.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 27+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Is this equipped with 4 wheel abs or just rear wheel abs?

If unsure, post the last 9 of the vin so i can research this for you..

Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

I also need to let you know that my responses may be delayed because I may be helping another customer, or I may be temporarily offline. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Thank you...

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See pic below
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C936822449
Expert:  Robert R replied 1 year ago.

Ok, your vehicle is equipped with 4 wheel abs. The best way to find out which sensor is bad is to scan with a FACTORY scanner. Otherwise, If it was my vehicle, I'd probably start with the Differential mounted rear speed sensor, these are notorious for failure and is more likely than one of the front sensors...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert