Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

My husband's 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 cranks, but will not start.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - my husband's 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 cranks, but will not start.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hmmm....it is a Hemi motor. He said that he does not hear the fuel pump.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: He just rebuilt part of the motor, and it was running fine. He said that he added a fuel additive the other day...he is not sure if that has anything to do with this issue.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Fix_It_Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if the truck died on him or just refused to start all of a sudden?