Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Working on a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 and having some odd

Customer Question
electrical issues. Replaced FCM and...
Working on a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 and having some odd electrical issues. Replaced FCM and PDC. Vehicle still has no headlamps, fog lamps, park lamps, backup, taillamps, etc. Basically no lamps.Now I have right Headlamp on very dim with Headlamp switch removed from vehicle. If I plug left Headlamp in, right headlamp will go out. With Headlamp switch in and in on position park lamp relay and fog lamp relays both buzz very loudly.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
12/31/2015
Dodge Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you have anything after market installed in your vehicle at all this can cause this here if it is wired incorrectly or if any of the wiring is shorted or damaged.If there is anything after market wired in I would inspect the wiring for it to see if anything needs repaired.

If there are no after market components installed this may be an issue with a ground signal to the lights to where there is a loose or damaged ground possibly from the battery to the body or in another place.Trace the ground cable first from the battery and see if any issues are found.If no issues are found let me know so we can continue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician