bill
bill, dodge master tech
Experience:  25 years with dodge drivability and electrical expert
5203640

My check engine light just came on on my 2006 Dodge ram with

Customer Question

Hi my check engine light just came on on my 2006 Dodge ram with a hemi in it and I cycle on and off twice and then leave it on and it just shows me that there's no code it just says done
Category: Dodge
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

you need a code reader to pull codes on all Chrysler products since around 2000 the key method vanished long ago

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the middle of no where and the light is on and I wonder if there is any way to know if it is safe to drive it
Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

a general rule of thumb is if the light IS NOT flashing at you and it is shifting ok, you're safe to drive it.

once you get back to civilization most auto zone stores have a code reader or scan tool you can borrow to retrieve the codes

Expert:  bill replied 1 year ago.

when I have customer call at the dealer I work at that is what we tell them if they are not in a place to get the codes read