Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Moose,
, I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. When I turn the

Customer Question

Customer: Moose,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. When I turn the heat on it is fine at first but then cools off after a few seconds on the drivers side stays hot the entire time. The passenger side if fine. Is my heater core partially blocked?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Moose, I have also replaced the radiator and coolant already. In addition to this, I have also already replaced the mode 1 door and re-circ doors with HeaterTreaters components. I don't know what else to do at this point.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Can you go into better detail on this " When I turn the heat on it is fine at first but then cools off after a few seconds on the drivers side stays hot the entire time. The passenger side if fine."

I cannot tell which side has the issue?

I assume you have auto climate control where as you can change the left and right temp independent.

If you have one side getting heat then it is not the heater core, there is only one and 2 blend doors.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would it blow out hot air at first and cool off after a few seconds?

I can address the follow up question once I know more about the issue. Can you respond the prior comments I made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. The driver side blows out cold air after a few seconds.
2. Yes the truck has auto climate ctrl (you can change one side from the other.
3. I have changed out the mode 1 door already.What do you think is the issue?

Thanks, ***** ***** concern has to be the blend door for the drivers side, an air temp sensor issue, or the climate control module.

If you remove the drivers blend door actuator, are you able to manually control the drivers temp by hand?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to move it by hand. In fact I already stated that I replaced the door already with Heater Treaters replacement door. So it's not the blend door or the actuator.

I read where you had replaced it. You had not mentioned prior you were able to manually move the door and change the temp meaning its not the door or actuator to blame.

So that leaves the AC heater control in the dash where you make climate control adjustments is to blame in this case.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris