AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

I have a 20003 Dodge Cararvan well maintain with 180,000

Customer Question

I have a 20003 Dodge Cararvan well maintain with 180,000 miles on it.
Replace Radiator last summer with all hoses and thermostat.
Problem is when running the heater the air is loop warm.
enging temperature running normal.
Robert Younkin
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Are you saying that your heat is not quite as hot as it should be? Have you checked the coolant level to make sure you have enough coolant? It is very possible to have just enough coolant to keep your engine from overheating, but not quite enough to flow through your heater core. If your coolant level is not low, then I would like you to check the heater core hoses at the firewall to see if they are both hot, or if one is hot while one is cold, etc. That would indicate that your heater core is plugged and needs to be back flushed, but first Please check your coolant level when the engine is cold and let me know if it was full or low