rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Have a 2009 dodge caravan with an instrument cluster problem

Customer Question

Have a 2009 dodge caravan with an instrument cluster problem lies all work just the dash board doesn't although the engine lite come on occasionally. Dealer want a grand to fix it. Any thoughts? I don't have that kind of money.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I feel your pain, those things aren't cheap. There are many shops out there that are cheaper than the dealer that can fix that, there are also companies that repair them too. It will need to be programmed when it's replaced to, and that does require a scan tool. Really sorry that happened to you. Good luck.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well let see this was a total waste to hear u feel my pain and offered nothing constructive
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Just trying to met you know I'm compassionate of the problem you're having. I told you my thoughts about it, are y o u going to test it or do like most people and just replace an expensive part and roll the dice? I did give you an answer.

Thanks again