Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2013 dodge challenger My car wouldn't start. Towed to

Customer Question

2013 dodge challenger
My car wouldn't start. Towed to dealership. They stated bad tipm...changed it, but it still didn't fix it. They stated bad PCM, still didn't fix the problem.
They then stated the aftermarket remote start is causing it not to start. They put the old TIPM and PCM back. The tech stated he put all the factory wiring back, but now my power doors, cluster, interior lights, and everything else will not turn on unless the car is on. My radio does not work either.
I think he hooked up a wire wrong somewhere on the back of the ignition.
I paid $763, but they refuse to do anything further for me.
Do you have a wiring diagram or some way to check that he installed or hooked everything back up.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my air cluster works but flashes a few times before it turns on. The car must be started. Nothing will work without the ignition being turned all the way on. The car is just dead until the ignition is turned to the on position.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good morning..

Can I get the last 8 of your VIN so I can get you a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, the last 8 is dh708821.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the VIN!!

I attached the ignition switch(WIN Module) wiring to help...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the diagram. I cannot tell if he wired it correctly or not, but it appears he may have attempted to bypass something. I noticed the pink wt ignition start wire is connected to a blue wire. Seems very interesting since this is the ignition start wire and interior lights and electronics do not work unless this switch is turned all the way on.All of the wires go through the integrated power module in the front....or fuse box in the back, so I am puzzled as to what would cause the delay function and interior lights to not work when the car is not started.Is there anything you know of I should check? I included a picture of the wires connected to the win module. There is a female connector that is not connected to anything, but I did not see a male end so I guess it should be loose/empty.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since the pcm was flashed, would that do anything to the bcm. The company that installed the remote start stated it sounds like the bcm may now be messed up because they tried to flash the pcm. Is that's possibility??