Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

96 dodge ram van ingition switch will not turn
, ok the

Customer Question

Customer: 96 dodge ram van ingition switch will not turn
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ok the wheels are not locked. the key will not turn. i sprayed the inside of the lock and taped it still will not turn
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

That could be in the switch but can you take the cylinder out and see if it turns with a pair of needle nose pliers?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the cover off broke it a little but it goes back on. The next step is what I'm looking for how to remove the cylinder?
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

I have the instructions in a PDF format, at the following link. You can copy and paste it into a new browser and rate the answer on this page.

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpt8kt52csiqzdf/Remove%20key%20cylinder%20from%20switch%20as%20follows.pdf?dl=0

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****