-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Have a 97 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 and the battery light has

Customer Question

have a 97 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3 and the battery light has been on so my husband replaced entire charging system , recharge shows measured 706 cca rated 750 cca voltage 12.35v
is there any way to disable the battery light.
thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening...

What codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shows no codes
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I attached a diagram of the charging system. Can you tell me if the alternator has 12v on one and a ground on the other? What voltage is the alternator outputting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey beyond the scope of what I can do ill just take it in then , just thought there was to disab' the light
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry but if the battery light is on then it's not charging and if you have replaced the PCM, alternator, battery and it's still on then the alternator isn't charging and I would try and repair the not charging before I would worry about the light... The alternator should be charging 14v @ idle and if not you will need to make the check's I provided..

Glad I could help and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad