Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Just got p1004 code engine light how to fix or what
,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** , just got p1004 code for acheck engine light how to fix or what
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2008 charger 115000 miles it just started with the check engine light on part of the time and then it goes off and stays off for a while
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Dodge Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

Does it have the 2.7, 3.5, 5.7, or the 6.1L engine

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3.5
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Like I said it may be on for a half a day then be off two three days
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, you need to check the wiring harness connector for good connection to the short runner valve solenoid located at the front of the intake manifold, as well as check the wiring for being loose in connector, check wiring for cuts, breaks or chafing and repair as needed.

If ok, replace the short runner valve solenoid(see attached diagram for location)

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks