-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Def will not start 38 miles

Customer Question

def will not start 38 miles
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Have you filled it with DEF? Have you had the DCU updated at a dodge dealership lately?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my employee filled it to 70% this week, no on DCU
WAS GOING TO BUY A CODE READER AND SEE IF I COULD (sorry) reset the code, its a2011 4500 btw
will fill tomorrow to see if it clears
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The vehicle is equipped with a “Low DEF” warning system that notifies the driver when the
level of DEF drops below approximately 2.5 gallons. The warning system includes warning
messages displayed by the EVIC and audible chimes. The first level warning displays the
message "Refill DEF Engine Will Not Restart In XXX Miles". If the vehicle is driven too long
with low DEF, the message “Refill DEF Engine Will Not Start” will be displayed. At that
point, the engine will no longer restart if it is shut off. A minimum of 2.5 gallons of DEF will
need to be added in order to be able to restart the engine.

If that doesn't work you will need a dealership level scantool (Witech) to read, erase, and update the DCU and ECM to the latest software..

Glad I could help,

Brad

** Make sure to "Rate"my assistance so I'm compensated for my time.. Also if you need anymore assistance follow up's are free of charge so don't hesitate to give me a reply**

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..