Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

I HAVE A 2004 DODGE RAM 1500 AND HAVE REPLACED THE TIMING

Customer Question
CHAINS TWICE AND AM PUTTING...
I HAVE A 2004 DODGE RAM 1500 AND HAVE REPLACED THE TIMING CHAINS TWICE AND AM PUTTING THE THIRD SET NOW I HAVE REPLACED ALL 3 CHAINS GEARS AND OIL PUMP AND STARTED IT AND RAN FOR ABOUT 4-5 MINUTES AND DIED AND SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS OUT OF TIMING AGAIN SO WE ARE FIXING TO TEAR IT DOWN AGAIN WOULD YOOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON WHAT IS THE MATTER I EVEN PUT A NEW OIL PUMP ON
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
12/1/2015
Dodge Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 2 years ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

what engine do you have?

is it in fact jumping time on the chain every time?

tell me all you can

thanks

I HAVE A 04 DODGE RAM 1500 WE HAVE REPLACED THE TIMING CHAIN TWICE BEFORE AND THIS IS THE THIRD TIME I BOUGHT ALL NEW TIMING CHAINS NEW GEARS NEW OIL PUMP AND IT JUMPED TIME AGAIN THEY SAY WE ARE GOING TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER TODAY I HOPE SO IS THERE ANYTHING WE SHOULD LOOK FOR THIS TIME WE HAVE THE TIMING SET LIKE THE BOOK CALLS FOR
SORRY IT IS A 4.7 LITER MOTOR

i would thin your problem is a bad tensioner,,there is no way it can jump unless the tensionor is giving it enough play to jump time,,

i have had bad new tensionors before

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d06t9mkiu1wylou/1201-ram-TIMING%20CHAIN%20AND%20SPROCKETS.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/d06t9mkiu1wylou/1201-ram-TIMING%20CHAIN%20AND%20SPROCKETS.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

AS PER OUR CONVERSATION ABOUT THE 04 DODGE RAM 1500 U SAID IT WAS A TENSIONER WAS AT FAULT WE GOT IT BACK TOGETHER TODAY AND U WERE DEAD WRONG IT WAS THE CRANKSHAFT SENSOR WE REPLACED THAT AND IT RUNS GOOD SO HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK
tims auto repair
tims auto repair
tims auto repair, mechanic