Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I have an 05 ram 1500, it turns over but will not start.

Customer Question

I have an 05 ram 1500, it turns over but will not start. Code reader says p0001 fuel volume regulator circuit open. Where do I look first
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? If so you need to check for fuel pressure. Do you hear the pump running with key on? The code you gave P0001 is not listed in my code library. However the fuel pressure regulator is serviced with the fuel pump assembly on your truck. So start by checking for fuel pressure, if you don't have a gauge, pull the line off at engine and see if you have any fuel at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you I did replace the fuel pump back in July I believe.so I will start there

If I may ask what brand of pump did you install?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't remember, I think it was an aftermarket oem replacement

If you are doing it yourself and you go to a parts store and they try to sell you an AirTech by no means use it. They are junk, I use Delphi exclusively they build a superior pump that will last.

They love to push those pumps because they make so much off of them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent. thank you for the tip on the brand also.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will start there and see what I find

Have I answered your question to your satisfaction? If so please give me a positive rating as it is the only way I will receive credit for helping you. If I havent please afford me the opportunity to do so as your satisfaction is important to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you have and I will definitely give a good rating

Sir thank you so much and please do not hesitate if i can ever help you with any automotive question