Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

All lights working on truck with no lamp out light, but turn

Customer Question

All lights working on truck with no lamp out light, but turn on headlights and either turn signal and the lamp out comes on and bling. What's up with this?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello, the module that monitors for bulb outage has a set window of resistance it looks for, are all of your bulbs factory? Have any of those lenses leaked water? Do you have wiring for a trailer? Start by removing each bulb and verifying all bulbs are correct with no corroded socket. I have seen bulbs that weren't blown but about to be I.e. smoked lens extremely burñed element in other words anything that alters the resistance of the bulb

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not all bulbs are factory. Right rear tail light had water, so I replaced it and the circuit board. I have a factory trailer wiring plug. I did remove my tailgate, and it has clearance light bar on it. Would this be my problem?

Good morning sir and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to you. Yes the light bar, could very well be your issue, if you have tied into the rear lighting ckt you have altered, the resistance and current flow and that will cause your problem. A fix around this would be to wire your light into its own ckt. I hope this has helped you with your problem and please agian accept my apologies, i look forward to hearing back from you.