-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

1999 Dodge Sport 1500 5.9L. I used to be able to use the

Customer Question

1999 Dodge Sport 1500 5.9L. I used to be able to use the selector switch to choose vent or defroster etc. and it seemed to work normally. I had the power brake booster replaced due to a vacuum leak and when they replaced that the air control from vent to defroster does not seem to change. It is always on defroster no matter what I select. The garage has spent three hours checking vacuum lines etc and can find nothing wrong. I can't afford to spend a ton of money for these guys to just poke around. Any ideas?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

The main vacuum line going to the HVAC is near the dryer at the firewall and it comes from the passenger side of the intake.. Can you check this line and see if it has vacuum? If it does then you have a issue inside the HVAC.. I attached a picture, can you check the vacuum and let me know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give me a little bit please. I am re-communicating this info to the garage.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Ok no problem

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget to rate so I'm compensated for my time..