Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

I HAVE A 2004 BUICK LESABRE LIMITED EDITION THAT KEEPS

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2004 BUICK LESABRE LIMITED EDITION THAT KEEPS DRAINING THE BATTERY. HAVE REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR AND REMOVED THE REMOTE STARTER THAT WAS INSTALLED THIS PAST JANUARY. STILL THE CAR IS DEAD WHEN I GO OUT TO START IT IN THE MORNING. MY TECH HAS DISCONNECTED AND TESTED EVERYTHING HE CAN THINK OF AND CANNOT FIND THE PROBLEM. THE REMOTE STARTER IS STILL WIRED IN BUT THE MODULE HAS BEEN REMOVED. ANY SUGGESTIONS??
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Are you prepared to do some tests on this yourself or are you just looking for some possible causes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 63 year old female. Cannot do tests myself. Looking for possible causes so I can go back to my tech and ask questions.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

What he needs to do if he hasn't already is disconnect the negative battery terminal and place an ammeter in between the disconnected cable and battery post and get a reading of exactly how many amps the draw/drain is, with everything turned off. Then start pulling the fuses one at a time and leave them out until the draw/drain is lower than 50mA, then he would have a starting point of which fuse circuit to start checking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he has already done that and the only thing he found was there was little draw on the battery after pulling the remote starter out of it. Any other suggestions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I went to start it this morning, everything on the dash lit up and the bells went off as usual but it would not start. When my neighbor attached jumper cables to it, everything went totally dead. No lights, no bells no nothing.. Then attempted to start from battery itself under back seat and would not start either. Sitting in driveway dead as a door nail
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

That sounds like a loose battery cable connection to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your expertise. You're the second person who has suggested looking into the battery connections.
Have a good day.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome. Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit, after all this is my job.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks