sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 v8 5.7L We had gotten a reply from

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 v8 5.7L
We had gotten a reply from yall and it was in response to
P0700 and p0882 codes and And it's got the abs light, airbag light, engine light, and all the 4wd lights are on and it won't shift into the next gear when driving
The response was helpful and parts were ordered ... Apparently this did not fix the problem
Here's the next set of questions we have for yall
replaced the computer and those codes are still coming up. The wire things that were in that diagram pawpaw said he couldn't find. There were no wires where it told him to check, there was just pins. He needs to know how to check that, transmission control module, and the transmission solenoids
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you have at least a few problems going on. The P0882 is going to be an internal failure in the TIPM or a wiring problem, it's possible that the issue could be in the powertrain control module but it's unlikely. The airbag, ABS and four wheel drive lights will be unrelated unless possibly all problems are being caused by an internal failure in the TIPM.

What module was replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to find out thank u !
I'll be getting back to you !!

Not a problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TIPM was replaced
He wants to know how to check transmission control module and transmission solenoids

The solenoid pack isn't in question. What needs to be done is load test the trans voltage supply circuit from the TIPM to the PCM and trans.Has this been done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm checking now !!

Ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, he said he tried to but he isn't sure he did it right

What was done and what was the result? If the TIPM has been replaced then there is almost a 100% chance you have a wiring problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do u think that is where the problem lies?

Yes, most likely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can he test the wires? He could only find the pins

The wires need to be load tested. With the TIPM, PCM and solenoid pack connectors disconnected a jumper wire would be used to apply power to the circuit at the TIPM connector. At the PCM and solenoid pack connectors a jumper wire would be connected to the terminal for this circuit, the jumper wire connected to a headlamp bulb, and another wire from the bulb to ground. This is basically using the headlamp bulb as a large test light and assuring the circuit is capable of enough current flow. the bulb should light as brightly as if connected to the battery.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I just sent this to my father in law!!
Is it ok if I get the answer to what happened to you as soon as he does this??

Yes, that would be fine.