Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

We replaced the door you told us needed to be replaced and

Customer Question

We replaced the door you told us needed to be replaced and we still have no heat on drivers sid. Any more suggestions
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When you move the door manually by hand are you able to get heat then?

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no we are not able to get heat!!!!!!!! We have had the havoc out of the truck twice. Changed the water pump and thermostat just to be sure and it still will not heat on the drivers side after replacing the part that Brad told us needed to be changed. What else is there??????????

I asked when you move the door manually can you get heat, you said no you are not. That indicates the door is broken and stuck so that no air flow for the drivers side flows through the heater core. This means the HVAC box and dash need to come out to address the faulty door inside.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have done that, two times, all the doors are working correctly, we replaced the ones that are around the heater core because those were the ones that Brad said needed to be replaced.

Are you sure you can not manually move the door by hand and change the temperature on the drivers side?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have tried that several times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I need to ask which door you are referring to when you tell me to manually move it.

Let me look over the diagrams to get you an image. What size is your 08 Dodge and which engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a 1500 with a hemi (5.7) engine.

Below is an image of the drivers side blend door actuator.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/driversblend.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That door seems to only control air flow from the floor to the defroster. It seems to be working

The image is for the drivers side blend door, not the mode door actuator.