-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I purchased a used 02 dodge stratus from a private party,

Customer Question

I purchased a used 02 dodge stratus from a private party, and then needed an overheating problem repaired, and the person repairing it lost the key. The key was not a transponder key, but just a plain metal one. I didn't have the money to get a key made so ended up hotwiring it, and it was running fine then all of a sudden it died and now the blue and red wires are not making any power the way they were when I put them together, along with the yellow starter wire for a second. I tried to jump the car thinking it was the battery, but that did nothing. The car does not have an alarm that I can tell, but I did find a black box to the left of the steering column that seems to be the anti theft. The red wire had come out, and there were no lights flashing, so I reattached the wire and it came on, but still the red and blue wires don't power when touched and connected. I need to know how to get my car running.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Can I get the last 8 digits of your VIN so I can get a starter wiring diagram? Do you see a red security light on in the dash? Also where are the red and blue wires your referring to located at?

Talk soon,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad