Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

2005 5.7 hemi dodge truck .tapping noise on the driver side

Customer Question
head .what do you think...
2005 5.7 hemi dodge truck .tapping noise on the driver side head .what do you think is the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
11/6/2015
Dodge Mechanic: -Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech replied 2 years ago
-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

I would pull the valvecover and inspect the rocker arms and then see if you have a weak lifter..

Let me know what you find,

Brad

how can you spot a weak lifter
how can spot a weak lifter

If you don't find a broken rocker then rock the rocker arm and see if you can push in on the lifter.. If it's weak then you will need to pull the heads to replace them. If your HEMI is equipped with MDS then you most likely have a bad rocker or lifters...

Glad I could help,

Brad

thanks

You are very welcome..

Thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Jerry, Master Mechanic