Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

When i open my dodge dakota doors, i believe its a 2000 or a

Customer Question

when i open my dodge dakota doors, i believe its a 2000 or a 99, the interior lights start flickering on and off, the locks are locking and unlocking, sometimes i cant even unlock my driver side door manually with the key. also if my headlights are off the dash will be lit as though the headlights are on. and when i turn the headlights on the dash goes dark but the directional lights on the dash are constantly lit but the actual directionals will not work no clicking noise or anything. my heat and air conditioner do not work while this is going on either and neither do the 12 volt outlets. at first this would only happen for a few seconds but now this happens more often than not. its very frustrating and my mechanic doesnt know what it is. i found that if i press on the left side of the air bag panel the electrical works fine as long as i press it. and that if i hold the switch that turns the high beams on towards me this also works but only if the headlights are on.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!