Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T Hemi 197,000 Miles. I have a

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum R/T Hemi
197,000 Miles. I have a whinning Noise in the front engine compartment under hard acceleration
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If this noise is coming from the engine bay area but may be coming from where the engine bolts up to the transmission this can be a fault with the transmission fluid pump failing as this is common to whine when it starts to fail.I have also seen issues with the power steering pump whining on the front of the engine with it needing replaced or low on fluid due to a power steering fluid leak needing located and repaired.I have also seen other pulleys/components on the front of the engine start to fail as the bearings start to fail in them like the idler pulley/tensioner pulley or alternator cause this as well.

All of these will need checked into to locate which is the cause here and from there that component can be replaced to correct this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.