Dodge

Dodge Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Dodge

Interior lights do not work on 2009 dodge Caravan,

Customer Question
everything else works except the...
Interior lights do not work on 2009 dodge Caravan, everything else works except the dome lights and the interior halo lights on the SXt model. Somethimes they will pop on and i hit the dimmer switch and they turn off. What could be the problem?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dodge
11/3/2015
Dodge Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.

I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!

I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a "positive rating" in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why "in advance", so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

This actually sounds like a bad connection or bad ground somewhere with that intermittent problem. Check all your connectors and grounds.

Thanks, Ron

Were should i check for the bad connection?

You will see wiring harnesses that travel through the doors and up the pillars on both sides of the front doors. Sometimes it may be necessary to remove part of the ceiling panel too.

couald it be the Ctm

It could be, but it can also be something that doesn't cost you a cent like a bad connection.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me:)

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor