Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2000Dodge Dakota Quad Cab V6 3.9l engine My truck is

Customer Question

2000Dodge Dakota Quad Cab V6 3.9l engine
My truck is stalling but not cutting out & appear The gas pedal is not responding when depressed. Changed fuel pump it ran good for a few days & started doing the same thing.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. Have you checked fuel pressure with the new fuel pump installed? Are there any codes in the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No code. Fuel pressure is fine truck is driving fine then suddenly the gas peddle is not responding. When switch off it starts responding for a while then same thing.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok so your saying that the engine does not start after shutting it off? Is that correct? Does it just crank over and not start? If so, have you checked for codes in the computer? Have you checked for spark and fuel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine starts. Then the gas peddle responds for an unpredictable period of time.
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you for that information. What is the fuel pressure at?