Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have an 04 Dodge Neon. While in drive when I push on the

Customer Question

I have an 04 Dodge Neon. While in drive when I push on the gas, it doesn't accelerate. What could the issue be? Is that a sign for a tune up... I have plenty of transmission fluid and it has been driving perfectly until earlier today.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. This could be an engine misfire (spark plugs, plug wires, etc.) so if it has been a while since a tune up, then do that soon. If the plugs and wires are ok, then the problem may be a failing torque converter in the transmission, or a plugged up catalytic converter. Other possibilities are a fuel pump that is failing, or contaminated fuel.

Whatever it is a reputable shop can easily diagnose this with a scan tool.

Hopefully a tune up will take care of this .

I hope this information helps, and let me know if you need further assistance.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my answer.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello, just checking back to see if you received my last reply, and if so do you still need help with your problem? Please remember, the website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your Rating! Please, use the Rating System Box and Rate our Q&A session today or. If you need to ask more questions, please feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Chris