sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

My car keeps cutting off when sitting still or driving and

Customer Question

My car keeps cutting off when sitting still or driving and taking foot off of the gas. I had it scanned at auto zone. It read tps code and said to check transmission fluid. I replaced the throttle position sensor and reset computer by taking negative battery cable off. It is still doing the same thing
Took back to auto zone and scanned again. It now says p0700. The transaxle control module has a fault. Do I replace this and will this fix the problem of the vehicle cutting off? Has 110,000 miles.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0700 sets in the engine controller when there is a code stored in the trans controller. Most trans issues will cause it to go into limp in, I've seen quite a few cases where the engine would die coming to a stop if you attempted to drive the vehicle at normal highway speeds while in limp in.

P0700 is an informational code that sets to alert you that codes need to be read from the TCM, the first step in diagnosing the trans issue is seeing what is stored in the TCM. Do you know what trans codes were set?