-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Have 2012 3500 dually Ram, has 180,000 miles was in service

Customer Question

Have 2012 3500 dually Ram , has 180,000 miles was in service for crank case filter and ck codes , said they replaced egr valve also not sure what else do not have my invoice with me 1500 miles into trip after fuel fill up pulling a trailer I start loosing power on incline drops down to 30 mph then back up to 65 , 70 going down hill as long as it stays in over drive and no load is good , thought maybe bad fuel (water) , a slight burning smell , when I push pedal to floor it immediately drops to no power , was looking for sea foam for possible water in tank haven't found any yet did put fuel treatment last two fill ups no change , seems to do better when tank is half full rather than full no acceleration power at all , THEN. The 80 percent exhaust came on went through cycle came on again and cycled then dealer service message appeared , I'm at truck stop in Nashville Tn 600 miles from home town dealer Dallas Tx , can you help a brother out
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

Sorry for your issues , but if it's loosing power then the very first thing I would need to help is the codes is has active in the ECM.. Do you have a way of checking them and posting them here? Do you know if your DPF is busted or not, if your not sure can you run your finger in the exhaust tip and tell me if it's black or clean.. If clean your good, if it's black then to get it running back right the very first thing that will need to be done is to replace the DPF and reset the REGEN timers. After that you should be in good shape..

Talk soon,

Brad