Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

1994 dodge 1500 5.9 l 4 wheel drive, brake light on, abs

Customer Question

1994 dodge 1500 5.9 l***** brake light on, abs light all four wheel brakes work when I pulled off tires and checked them
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Do you know what codes the ABS module has? If not that's the first place to start, once you get the codes I will be able to better help you get it fixed..

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How do I get the code

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Here are the directions:

When a DTC is generated, the brake warning lamp and ABS warning lamp are illuminated. To retrieve a DTC the ignition key must be in the RUN position. Then, momentarily ground the RWAL diagnostic terminal (terminal 13) of the*****DLC. When the ground is removed from the terminal, the brake warning lamp and ABS warning lamp will begin to flash. These flashes will identify the DTC number. The initial flash will be a long flash followed by one or more short flashes. The long flash indicates the beginning of the DTC number. The short flashes are a continuation of the DTC number. You must count the long flash and short flashes for an accurate trouble code number.When the DTC has been retrieved compare it to the Diagnostic Trouble Code Chart. There may be a problem between the DLC and the CAB if after momentarily grounding the diagnostic terminal, the brake warning lamp and/or ABS lamp: Does not come on Is on all of the time Flashes incorrectly Refer to the diagnostic test procedures in this section of the Manuals Tab for proper testing procedures. Erasing Diagnostic Trouble Code From Memory To erase a DTC from the CAB's memory, battery voltage must be removed from the CAB. To remove battery voltage from the CAB, first turn the ignition key to the OFF position. Then one of the following methods can be used to remove the battery supply voltage from the CAB. Disconnect CAB*****connector Disconnect battery ground connector Remove CAB fuse from fuse box.

Talk soon,

Brad