-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I'm buying 2016 ram 6.4 bed cummins truck. I will be pulling

Customer Question

I'm buying 2016 ram 6.4 bed cummins truck. I will be pulling fifth wheel. I have choice of factory rear airbags option -or- firestone accessory airbags added. Which should I choose ? I'm concerned the factory takes coil out and you have one load adjust auto setting. The firestone is adjustable to what ever I want .
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want a Ford mechanic. I want somebody that knows Docge trucks specifically the auto airbag system.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

I see that your question hasn't been replied to, and I thought I would help.......

The 2016's are new, and so new infact we haven't got one yet.. So I don't have any hand's on experience with the new system but I can tell you about it.. Click my attachments to do some reading...

>>HERE<< >>HERE<<

Now it does have normal and Trailer heights settings, but if the Firestone model has more settings that you would like then I would get it..

Let me know,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Let me know your thoughts,

Brad

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brad, I'm aware of how the auto system works. I was looking for someone who had experience with the auto system. I heard of several Ram 2500 trucks coming into dealer on a flatbed sitting on axle cause the bag blew out. I can't take that chance with a fifth wheel in tow. Also, the auto system has only one button for auto load leveling. I intend to load to max payload with fifth wheel. So I wanted someone who knows about the accessary Firestone airbags which can be added WITHOUT removing the coil and adjusts manually. But, my number one concern is smoothest ride.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

If you want more than 1 settting I would go with the Firestone setup and make sure you ask if it comes with a warranty..

Brad