-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2013 Dodge Ram with the 5.7. Yesterday I installed

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Dodge Ram with the 5.7. Yesterday I installed BBK shorty headers and now the truck has the air bag light on (which I haven't brought it in for the recall yet but it wasn't on before this) and the traction control light is on and the truck is pulling hard left on stopping and coming from a dead stop. What could this issue be?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!!

Did you disconnect anything when installing the headers? Did you remove the intermediate shaft and install it correctly? Have you had the codes read to see what codes are setting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hooked up a reader and no codes. Just the lights. I disconnected the steering shaft and that was it.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

A code reader will not retrieve Airbag codes, you will need a scantool such as the WiTech I use at the dealership.. Once I know the codes I could tell you hwo to fix it..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think a reflash needs to be done? I also have no cruise control. As for the airbag light I believe its associated with the two recalls on the truck.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Since the light is on there are codes, which need to be read to see what's going on.. It could be a sensor bad or it could have something to do with the airbag recall, it's anyone's guess until you know what codes are setting..

Also as long as the ABS light is on the cruise will not work...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did disconnect the ABS sensors and it threw codes but once I reconnected the codes they were gone. I'll get the codes read tomorrow at the dealer.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 year ago.

Sounds like a plan..

Post the codes here and I will be glad to help you get it fixed..

Brad