Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

Had problems with 1500 ram pickupshifting replaced governor

Customer Question

Had problems with 1500 ram pickup*****shifting replaced governor solenoid and pressure worked better for a while then stopped shifting into 3rd top speed 40mph. Got governor code so thought faulty one. Replaced now will not go into reverse
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you get this problem resolved I need to know what the code is that the computer is setting . If you can post back with it , I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First p1756 after p1757
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

These codes are usually set due to any of the following,

• Worn Clutch
  • Pressure — Low pump pressure.
  • Leaking Seals

Since you have replace the pressure transducer then the problem is likely work clutches and or bad seals, t here is nothing electrical that can cause the transmission to slip in the first 3 gears forward or reverse