sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I recently bought 99 dodge durango and everything was ok

Customer Question

Hello i recently bought 99 dodge durango and everything was ok until the alarm is preventing the engine to start
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This happened before and i played with alarm and key pad buttons and managed to somehow recet the alarm however its not working for me this time
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer!

You may have an aftermarket alarm. Factory security will allow the engine to start, run for two seconds and then it will die as the injectors are shut off. All that is necessary to disarm factory security is press the unlock button on the key fob or unlock a door manually with the key.

Does the unlock button on the key fob work?

Do you have just the factory peanut shaped key fob?